In this post, I will explain how to transfer contacts from android phone to new windows phone like Nokia lumia .We can use Bluetooth to transfer contacts. Another method is creating a backup of contacts in Google account and then sync this Google account with windows phone and import the contacts to windows phone. Another method is creating a back up of contacts in your phone and transferring it to your new windows phone.
Transferring contacts to windows phone using Bluetooth
This is the simplest step which can be used to transfer contacts from android phone to windows phone. All windows phone Comes with a pre installed application called ‘Transfer my Data’ which will transfer your all contacts from android phone to new windows phone fast and securely.
- Go to home and tap to left. You will see list of all applications like calendar, photos.
- Find application ‘Transfer my Data ‘and launch it.
- You will get instructions about the applications in the next window. After reading, Tap ‘continue‘to start transferring.
- In next window, you will see list of Bluetooth device already connected to your phone before. If you have not connected your android phone in past. You can add by clicking the plus (+) button in the bottom.
- Switch on Bluetooth in your android phone and make it discoverable.
- Tap + sign in windows phone to add your android phone and Tap to connect.
- Now your android phone will ask for Bluetooth dial authorization and PBAP authorization. Accept everything to continue copying files.
- Now your windows phone will search for all contacts in your android phone and list it.
- Tap start to import all contacts from your android phone to windows.
Backup contacts in android phone and transferring to windows phone
In this method, we can create a backup of contacts in SD card or SIM and transfer it to windows phone.
- Go to contacts and click the button to right of home button to see options.
- In options, you will get import/export options. In some android phone, it will be in ‘more’ option.
- Tap import or export and select ‘phone’ to create a backup of contacts from phone. Tap Next.
- In the next window, choose SD card as the option to copy the backup. Now all your contacts will be transferred to SD as backup file.
- Browse your SD card and find the backup file.
- Use Bluetooth to transfer contacts to your windows phone.
Importing contacts from SIM card to windows phone
- If all your contacts are saved in SIM, then insert SIM in windows phone. Now go to contacts and click the ‘…‘to get options.
- From option, tap settings.
- In settings, you will get option to import SIM contacts to your windows phone.
Importing contacts from Google account
If you have backed up contacts from android phone in Google account, then you can easily transfer contacts from Google account to windows phone.
- Go to email accounts and select add a Google account.
- Add g mail account you have backed up your contacts in android phone.
- Click ‘…’ signs to see options. In options, tap settings.
- In settings page, Tap sync settings.
- In sync settings page, check Contacts, to sync all contacts in Google account to your phone.
- Click tick mark to save the settings.
Another method to transfer contacts to windows phone from android is using some PC suite. Using android PC suite like mobiledit, transfer contacts from android phone to your PC. Then transfer contacts to your windows phone.
That’s all my friends. Follow the above steps and you are able to transfer Contacts From Android Phone To Windows Phone. If you face problem then let us know by comment.